Thurs - Sat 09:00
Price €54 adults
The Athens Central Market, or Varvakios Agora as the locals call it, is the world of Greek produce in one place.
The Athens Food tour is a great way to explore the area and learn not just about the food that's on sale there but also the history and the stories of the downtown neighbourhood that's seen more highs and lows than the mountains that surround the city.
Perfect for curious travellers, foodies, photography fans and people who want a more interesting way to get their lunch, the Athens Food Tour is a morning well spent with a local host who knows the neighbourhood and is waiting to introduce you to the traders, tell you about the amazing produce that you'll be tasting as you explore the market halls and the labyrinth of streets that surround them.
- Taste a wide range of Greek produce
- Learn about speciality produce with mini tasting sessions
- Discover unique places to eat, drink and shop
- Pick up the skills to get the best deals while shopping
- Improve your skills with a couple of simple, tasty recipes
- Make your own souvlaki sticks in the market to enjoy with your lunch back at The Greek Kitchen after the tour
Water and wine included with lunch. There is around 3 hours of walking on this tour.